A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Making our house a home

So we bought our first house in December, and many people thought we were crazy taking on something so big right before the wedding.  I will tell you, it was a challenge.  I think the hardest part for me was I wanted everything to be settled and there just wasn't time for that.  We moved in the day I got out of school for Christmas.  I was able to spend my Christmas break finding "a place" for pretty much everything and making it to where we could function.  We knew there were many projects we wanted to do but they would all have to wait until after the wedding.  Then, we spent the months of January and February entertaining and showing off our house.  When we got back from our honeymoon it was a little bit of a disaster with all of the things from our wedding and then a massive pile of gifts :)  Now that I have been out of school for Spring Break I have accomplished a lot.  The house is picked up, semi organized and some things cleaned out.  We have spent the week coming up with a plan of attack and a priority list for what we want to do with the house.  Here is our active list
1. get new surround sound and stereo for downstairs (has been ordered should arrive this week)
2. get outdoor speakers to hook up to the stereo so we have music in the pool (has been ordered with the stereo)
3. get an art piece to hang on the main wall in our living room (has been ordered should be here Wednesday)
4. paint the back wall in the living room a mocha color as an accent before the art piece comes (done this morning)
5. paint my scrapbook room a fun pink and grey pattern (started last night)
6. hang all of the pictures we already have and get stuff on the walls (finishing up today)
7. decide what we want to do on redoing the surface of the pool (still a work in progress)

I am so excited to see it all coming together.  I will post pictures as soon as we have some finished products.
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. You and Jon both put your "mark" on your new home ... right from the start! Hearing the excitement in your voice ... watching Jon's face light up when the hot tub warmed up ... these are the things that "started" to make your house a home, right from the first day! Now, it just keeps getting better!! I'm so thrilled for both of you!! ... well, all of us ... since y'all have a pool and hot tub! ;)

    ReplyDelete