A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, March 24, 2011

YOUR Thoughts

I figure this Blog space is a bit like an open journal. I admit that most of what I put in here will have a humerous spin to them, because that is generally how I look at life.

You have seen the phrase on decorative placards hanging in entryways, living rooms, and kitchens, "Live, Laugh, Love". You might even have it in your house! This might be the most truthful (and sometimes wishful) cliche I have seen. I am not one for cliche's, tradition, the norm, or status quo. In fact I seek out the opposite in many occasions. During the wedding prep, my favorite phrase I coined was "tradition just means outdated". Never the less, tradition has its place.

Live. Laugh. Love.

If we all actually did this, wouldn't life just be so much better?! You'll notice over time that I enjoy the awkward, and humerous way more then the sentimental. I will, however, sit down and discuss theology, science, and the latest sports drama with anyone, Especially over a nice wine, smooth spirit, occasional cigar, or the hot tub. In the end though, I try and find the humor in ever situation.

This post isn't one of those.

It is simply a brief statement, and a quote.

"Be careful of your thoughts,
they become words.
Be careful of your words,
they become actions.
Be careful of your actions,
they become habits.
Be careful of your habits,
they become character.
Be careful of your character,
it becomes your destiny..."

-Unknown

Your thoughts of today become your character of tomorrow. When you see someone who has great character, it originated in his mind. So I am struck by this, If we want to "Life, Laugh, Love", it must originate in your thoughts.

If we would eliminate the thoughts of hate, gossip, and deception, perhaps our future character will reflect this.

Live. Laugh. Love.

Jon

2 comments: