A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's Still a Boy!

I went to the doctor today for our last little sneak peak of our little man before we get to meet him face to face.  It is truly amazing how he has grown and I can't wait to meet him.
We got a few pictures but they are kind of hard to see because he is so big.  It is very different than any of the previous ones because you could only see parts of his body and he was all squished up.  This first one are his feet pushing up against my belly.
There is his face, again pushed up against me.  And the only other one that was clearly defined he was showing off his boy parts so I will spare you that one.  They did a bunch of measurements and estimated that he is weighing about 5 and a half pounds now.  She said he is measuring within the 50 percentile which is perfect.  She said between now and his due date, he will put on about a pound and a half and she guesses he will weigh plus or minus seven pounds.  I am just fine with that because I was afraid of anything above 8 pounds.  In talking with the doctor she said it seems like things are progressing quite nicely and she thinks he will come right around his due date, which is about four and a half weeks away.  I did ask her how long she would let me go past and she said only a day or two.  In all of the talking it made me realize that the day is coming and it is coming soon.  I am very excited, yet very nervous.  So many emotions for a first time mom and I am pretty sure dad is feeling it too.

His nursery is DONE!  I am hoping to have Jon take some pictures tonight so I can post them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment