A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Finally, the nursery

After much deliberation and work, we finally decided what we wanted to do for the nursery.  Most of the decorations for boys were either baby blue and brown or some sort of theme.  We decided a theme would not really go with the rest of our house, and we had other rooms that were already baby blue and brown so we wanted something different.  We decided we wanted to go with bright colors so that it wouldn't be so babyish and maybe he could use it for awhile.  Here is the room before we started:
Jon decided he wanted to do something artistic and add some boxes to a focus wall.  Here is how it all started:
The next step was to get the old furniture out and the room painted.  I worked on this with my helper bees over spring break and made some major headway.  Then, we ordered the furniture that ended up being an ordeal.  Finally the furniture came in and we were ready to continue.  Once we had the furniture we started talking about what we wanted to do for the bedding.  Finally my mom saved the day and made all of the bedding and it looks great.  Jon made the bookshelf and he also did the art piece that is hanging in there.  Welcome to Aaron's room


The wreath was made by some friends for the shower and it now hangs on his door because it matches so well.



I find myself walking in there every day just looking around and I love how cheerful it is.  I am sure there will be some thing we tweek but it seems just right for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment