A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 28, 2012

One step closer and tying up some lose ends

Well summer is in full swing.  I have been actively working around the house to try and get things lined out and organized.  Jon calls it nesting, I call it summer.  I do believe the motivation comes from nesting however I try to spend a lot of time when I am off work getting these things done because they always seem to catch up to me.  This summer, the excuse is that I want to get them done before Aaron comes.  I have been successful at organizing my scrapbook room, thanks to the help of my mom and getting all of Aaron's stuff ready to go.  I feel like we are constantly washing something and getting something ready but it is fun to see all of the little stuff that will soon be put into use.

We are almost two weeks in with our sweet Luna and I must say she has come a long way.  As I said before she had some stuff going on with her tiny body when we got her but they appear to all be clearing up very nicely.  She is adjusting very well to our house and starting to learn some of the basic "rules".  We have only had one cord fall victim to the puppy teeth and that was only because Houdini got out of her cage one day while mommy was running errands.  She is pretty much sleeping through the night, except when mommy wakes her up at a late night restroom break.  I am pretty sure both of our phones have 30+ pictures of the puppy from the last week and a half, what will happen when we have a baby and a puppy to photograph?

I am hopeful to be officially finishing up my masters next week.  I finished all of my coursework in May and have been waiting to take my Master Exam.  I have been trying to talk sweet, and sometimes not so sweet to my adviser and convince him to send me my exam now so I can be done.  He keeps pushing me off and telling me the beginning of July so I am hopeful that next Monday is the day.  I plan to sit down and pump out the papers so I can be DONE!

Jon has officially received his diploma and has crossed the bridge of a graduate.  He has been spending his time golfing and building stuff in the garage because he figures that time is limited.   Here we thought we would have all of this spare time with school being done but it has just switched over to other projects.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday and she said that Aaron is definitely getting ready to come.  When I went last week I was dilated to a 1 one and she said things were looking good.  This week she said I was dilated to a 2 and he was definitely putting a lot of pressure on me.  She also said that because of how my body is progressing she believes it will be a pretty quick labor.  This was music to my ears, well kind of.  It made me realize that the time was quickly approaching but it made me hopeful I will not be one of those women who is in labor for 24-36 hours.  I have gotten a jump on the final preparations and finally feel like we are ready.  Of course there are some things I would love to get done first, some scrapbooking and further organizing of the house but it won't be the end of the world it they don't happen right now.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you have legions of people reading your blog because they are so interesting and so educational. Like ... what are you missing for Aaron? Would you like his gift to be a somewhat older sized gift? (6 months, 12 months ... and weather appropriate, of course) or do you need smaller things? I'm going shopping when I get back from visiting G"ma Ione this weekend ... soon to be great-grandma again! Love to you FOUR ... Aunt Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! um...Im not sure mine are considered educational...unless of course you want to know about "The Man Code"...

    ReplyDelete