A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome Summer...well kind of.

It has been a busy few weeks here at the Prebish household.  As soon as school got out, my mom and I spent some time up at school because I had to move my classroom.  I am so excited to say next year I will be moving down from teaching 3rd grade to 2nd.  Although, I will be breaking the Prebish teacher tradition, I am very excited.  Not only did I originally have my sights set on 2nd grade but I have enjoyed 3rd grade for the past 8 years and am excited for a new experience.  I am thrilled to be working with a great team and have some new challenges other than our state test.

After that I got my bags packed and headed to Orange Beach with the youth group at our church.  For those of you who saw my earlier post, thank you for your prayers.  We all made it down AND back safely.  We took about 180 people to the student life camp down there and had an amazing time.  There was great work done in our students and leaders through our pastor (Chad the one who married us), the leaders, the speaker for the week and the band we worshiped with.  Tonight is the first Wednesday night youth group we have since returning and I am excited to see how many students have made the decision for Christ and will be getting baptized tonight.  We enjoy working with the students and leaders but we especially love to see people getting their life turned around and moving in the right direction. 

School oh joyous school...on top of all of that, we have both been heads down in the books.  We are both currently working on our respective masters programs and are projected to graduate next summer.  This summer has presented some academic challenges for both of us.  Jon's class load has been a little more tricky and mine has increased.  We are both at the half way point and looking to keep ourselves going toward the finish line.  I have finals next week and then will be done until the Fall semester starts in August.  Jon will be done with his classes current July and will have a break through August.  We are both ready to enjoy a little bit of summer and a more relaxed lifestyle, even if it is just for a few weeks.  You never realize how precious your spare time is until you don't have much of it.

I know there were many pictures for this one, we are sure to have more to share after this weekend.  We will be celebrating my 30th (eeekkkkk) birthday with many friends and family this weekend.  I am excited to spend time with a great group of people who are all so important in our lives.  I hope this finds everyone well and stay cool until next time.

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment