A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, June 10, 2011

Headed to the beach

As many of you know, Jon and I have been working with the high school youth group for about a year and a half now.  The high school students take a summer trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama for their summer camp.  They go with the student life program and have so many wonderful opportunities.  This year I will be going as a leader and unfortunately Jon has to stay home :(.  Although I will miss him lots, I am looking forward to the things God will do in my life and the students' lives.  This is always an amazing time for the kids to get unplugged from the world and tuned into what God is trying to tell them.  I put this up and ask for your prayers this next week.  Pray for the leaders as they face a variety of situations, give them guidance to help the lost youth and most of all to grow in their walk.  Pray for the speakers and the band that they will be able to catch the attention of the students and share what God is saying.  And most importantly, pray for the students that their lives will be changed.

We will be leaving early Sunday morning and driving most of the day.  We will have 3 wonderfully packed days on the beach and then we head home on Thursday.

1 comment: