A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 16, 2011

LOL.

This post is more about the video than it is about what I say. Every quarter, I have to attend a “Safety” meeting at work. If you aren’t familiar with these, they can be a bit mind numbing. It is an hour long presentation of sorts on being aware of certain safety issues. The majority of the time it serves as a forum for the company to remind people of common sense. Unfortunately , common sense is not that common, so I can see why a large company would do this sort of thing. They usually go over things like, don’t try to replace an outlet if you haven’t turned the breaker off and you just washed your hands and forgot to dry them off. Russian Roulette is not a good strategy for long life span. You know, useful stuff. I exaggerate, but the point is that the most recent one came up, and mentally I was preparing for learning how to park a car or something. They did their normal thing but then showed a video at the end of the meeting on texting and driving. The video they showed is a little bit longer than I normally post on here, but I think is worth 10 minutes.



Needless to say, it caught my attention and reminded me of the accident Courtney and I saw a while back. I discussed that accident and its impact in the post “Every Time You Run”. I think from that video above you can draw your own conclusion on whether or not texting and driving is worth it. They went through some stats up there that texting and driving has been found to be the equivalent of driving with .08 blood alcohol content. They also mentioned that people talking and driving are 4 times more likely to get into an accident. Using Bluetooth is apparently no safer as it is the conversation itself that is distracting, not the location of your hands.

This post is simple.
Is it worth it?
Perhaps LOL should have a new meaning…Live Out Life…

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment