A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How is it that our finer moments are always caught on camera?

So how is it that our finer moments are always caught on camera?  There are so many times in life that I would love to have a camera at my finger tips and there are some that I wish weren't so easy to catch on film.  So it appears that there is about a 5 second time in the wedding ceremony that everybody caught on film.  Almost every person who has pictures has posted a version of this picture so I figure I will share the inside scoop.




So a the time of your wedding comes near, all of your family and friends decide they are going to share their stories and advice with you to help you out.  One of the things that I remember hearing a number of times has to do with which hand to put out and people putting out the wrong hand for the ring.  So as I stood at the alter, very nervous, I kept thinking I had to get the correct hand out there. So it came time for me to put my left hand out and I did, success, it wasn't hard because that is the hand I write with.  Then it was Jon's turn and I kept thinking come on you can do this....So he puts his hand out and I look at him terrified, no he put the wrong hand!  And I am standing there starring at him thinking, "Don't you remember all of the stories?"  And I think he realized that I was rather distraught so he kindly mentions to me that it is his left hand.  As I processed the thought I got embarrassed and what else are you to do but laugh at yourself.  I am pretty sure that 5 second laugh was caught by every camera in the house.



And Chad's face says it all..."Oh Courtney!  Poor Jon!"  And for those of you thinking, yes to do teach and I do know my left from my right on every day other than my wedding.

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. I love reliving these moments!!! And your right the look on Chad's face said it all!!! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete