A bible verse to live by...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Promises to myself

As I am trying to mentally wrap my mind around the fact that I will be heading back to work in a little less than a month I have been reflecting on my time off.  It has been the most amazing opportunity for me to get to spend the 4 almost 5 months focusing only on being a mommy and wife.  I would love to have this as my permanent job but realize that is not in the cards at this point, and according to my husband probably ever.  I love what I do but I also realize that it has the ability to very easily consume me and taint my time with my family.  I have always been the teacher who spent hours upon hours at school dedicating my time to my students.  When Aaron was born that all changed,  I had to learn how to be an extremely efficient worker.  It is important to me that I do the best I can at my job because those are other people's pride and joy but not let it take away time from my family.  I know life is about to get to an all new level of crazy, but I don't fully know the depth of it and won't until that first day back.  I want to try really hard to keep a balance between work, family work and family fun.  These years are years that will fly by and we will never get back so I want to make the most of them.  There are some things that I have taken time to do over these last few months that I have made a promise to myself I will make every effort to continue to do.  One of them is to take time each month to keep up to date on my scrap-booking and the other is to take time at lease once a month to keep up with this blog.  It has been a long time since we have been on here but I hope to fix that.  I do realize that there is no person in the world who is as interested in every detail of my family as I am, and I realize I may be the only one who reads these.  I am ok with that, I just want to record the sweet memories of our family so that I can go back and read them myself and share them with the boys as they get older.  I may not post them to facebook so if you find yourself at all interested, feel free to follow the blog.  I can't wait to look back in a year and read about our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment